Oceans and Islands: A Conference for Pacific Research
29-30 November, 2018
Fale Pasifika Complex, Auckland, New Zealand
The Oceans and Islands: conference for Pacific research bought together researchers to an inaugural conference showcasing Pacific research. The purpose of the conference was to enhance research networks and encourage new conversations around contemporary Pacific research modalities.
Presentations were arranged according the following themes:
- Where in the world is the Pacific: deepening, resetting and recalling the boundaries of the Pacific
- Mobilities: contemporary interpretations of the transformation of people, policies, and money
- Sustainable development and enterprise opportunities: connecting niche markets to global supply chains
- Pacific innovations: research, technologies, and strengthening the capacity of communities
- Pacific environments and extractive industries: managing land and natural resources
- New research modalities in the Pacific: working with Pacific structures and influences
- Pacific ethics of research and care: expanding relationships, procedures, and processes.
- Energy, resilience and sustainability in the Pacific
Read the blogs: