When: 29-30 November 2018 Auckland
Where: Fale Pasifika Complex, University of Auckland, 20 Wynyard Street, Auckland, New Zealand
The New Zealand Institute for Pacific Research (NZIPR) promotes and supports excellence in Pacific Research. We are bringing together thought leaders from New Zealand and the Pacific region to an inaugural conference at the Fale Pasifika Complex on 29-30 November, 2018.
The conference aims to showcase Pacific research from throughout the region, enhance Pacific research networks, and encourage new conversations around contemporary Pacific research modalities.
We envisage a dynamic two day programme with research informed papers addressing contemporary policy issues. The preliminary themes for the conference programme are:
- Where in the world is the Pacific: deepening, resetting and recalling the boundaries of the Pacific
- Mobilities: contemporary interpretations of the transformation of people, policies, and money
- Sustainable development and enterprise opportunities: connecting niche markets to global supply chains
- Pacific innovations: Research, technologies, and strengthening the capacity of communities
- Pacific environments and extractive industries: managing land and natural resources
- New research modalities in the Pacific: working with Pacific structures and influences
- Pacific ethics of research and care: expanding relationships, procedures, and processes.
The call for sessions are now open and we invite researchers of all persuasions, policy makers at all levels, and development consultants in all their diversities to submit session abstracts. NZIPR researchers are encouraged to submit session abstracts to highlight their research and to create linkages to other research occurring on similar topics.
Session abstracts should be 200 – 300 words in length.
Session abstracts can be sent to Tengihia Pousini email@example.com
Submissions close 31 July 2018